Using Conga Queries with Conga Composer
In addition to using Salesforce reports to gather information from Salesforce, you may also use Conga Queries, records stored in the Conga Query Manager.
The link to this private listing can be located on our website.
This custom object stores Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) statements that will retrieve data related to the Master Object.
Complete details on the installation and use of the Conga Query Manager are provided on the Support page from our website.
Using Queries instead of Reports
Conga Queries have certain strengths over the use of Salesforce Reports for gathering data:
- Queries are slightly faster and more reliable than Salesforce Reports
- Queries can access objects that cannot be displayed in Salesforce Reports (Notes, Approval History)
- Queries reduce clutter on the Reports Tab
- Queries have tighter security and visibility controls than Salesforce Reports
- Queries are more reliable when multiple queries (say, over 10) are including in Conga Composer solution
Using Salesforce reports remains a viable option for basic requirements.
For complete details on how to use Conga Queries, please visit our Documentation page, and look for the Conga Query Manager link.